Thursday, January 19, 2006

if i weren't for...

on the way back from french class i decided i needed a little pick me up, so i selected marvin gaye to accompany me. while grooving to "let's get it on"amongst frat boys, i realized that that song is the date rape anthem. here are a few samples of the lyrics:

there's nothing wrong with me loving you
and giving yourself to me could never be wrong

don't you know how sweet and wonderful life can be?
i'm asking you, baby, to get it on with me

you know what i'm talking about
come on baby
let your love come out
if you believe in love, let's get on
oooohhhh let's get it on, baby [this miiiiinute]
please get it on [ahhhhh]
i know that you know what i been dreamin' of
don't you, baby
[my body wants you, my body wants you]
my whole body's feeling love

dirty, huh?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't ever do that again! Realize a song is a date rape anthem that is. Good luck.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home