Monday, July 22, 2002

I realized that I haven't had a long entry for quite some time. Hrm. I suppose we shall have to do something about that.

Today was swimming in good music, good friends, and failed cooking attempts. I got back from an awesome church session around 12:30, and decided I'd make macaroni and cheese from sratch. I saw a "home cooking" show on TV, and thought I could do it. Unfortunately, the only cheddar cheese we had was Velveeta. For those of you who have not had the task of eating Velveeta, I will indulge you. It is mayonaise, butter, and lard mixed together with the powdered cheddar flavoring used in Kraft Easy Mac and chopped up in blocks. After thinking my Mac N' Cheese tasted too reminiscent of Alfredo, I added a large ammount of this strange concoction to my hopefully delicious dish. The end product was lard-covered macaroni with a cheddar taste that attacked mouth, and it was none too pleasant.

I went to the Open House for Jeremy Layton today. I don't know him, but Sydney, Shelly, Becca, and Rachel were there. We ate and laughed and I taught them the hand game that I did during all of 8th grade science class. They were mighty impressed with my ability to flail my limbs about in a pattern--quite swiftly I might add. I came home and chatted online for what is something like 5 hours now [I'm hopelessly a geek]. I was sad and re-vamped by a few nice things said by a very very cool guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home