Thursday, September 26, 2002

"Turn therefore from the common themes to those which your everyday life affords; depict your sorrows and desires, your passing thoughts and belief in some kind of beauty -depict all that with heartfelt, quiet, humble sincerity and use to express yourself the things that surround you."
-Letters to a Young Poet, Rainer Maria Rilke

Although, a quote from Winston Churchill seems to be more appropriate: "If you're going through hell, keep going."

Breathing seems to be the trick to getting through anything. That, music, and trust in something you've never quite seen but know is true nontheless.

Right now, "Prayer of the Children" by Inside Out.

I'm sorry I haven't been posting often, or in large quantities. Lately, life has been rather mundane--that is to say, it's only made me feel mundane. I do long for summer and warm weather and sleeping with the windows open and fans on with nothing covering you at night. However, I think that winter months are necessary for me to understand the relief of flowers and warmth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home