Thursday, March 27, 2003

I guess I've always been pretty durn lucky--or blessed, rather. I learned how to deal with that inherent sadness at a relatively early age. Now I understand that I control my own happiness, but I still have relapses.

My meandering point is this: Being loved by other people can never fully make up for loving yourself. You need to work on that, on being in love with this amazing amazing world. It's not really a goal you can work towards, but you need to surround yourself with people who will help you see how amazing you are. Speak your mind. Don't, whatever you do, buy into the cliché that being sad is glamorous. It's not. It's just sad. Stand up for yourself, and for other people whenever the occasion permits. Dance at random intervals throughout the day. Like now. I triple-dog-dare you to go over there and start doing the mashed potato. I guess I can't really really help. Just call whenever you feel like this, alright?

and i was serious about the dancing.

current mood: hopeful
current music: going to california by led zepplin

never let 'em tell you that we're all the same

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home