Thursday, September 06, 2007

timeline

i'm taking a cue from maggeh and telling you about my first decade.

age one: i roll out of the basket my mother is carrying me in, getting dirt in my nose, eyes, mouth, and ears on my blessing day.

age two: i am enamored of my older brother. we spend hours playing detectives, trying to protect our baby brother from the government.

age three: while watching cinderella, i tell my father that i would have 'macked the step sisters.

age four: i decide i am running away from home. i pack my care bear suitcase with apple sauce and underwear and set off for my friend erin's house. i do not get down the block before turning around, in tears.

age five: i get chicken pox, the worst our doctor had ever seen. i watch teenage mutant ninja turtles and eat chicken noodle soup, and am not yelled at for having my feet on the couch. i first understand the benefits of being sick.

age six: we move to a larger neighborhood with more children. i have nightmares about a tyrannasaurus rex coming down our street and eating me out of my bedroom window.

age seven: i discover books. i devour the entire baby sitters club series and anything else i can get a handle on.

age eight: i am in two weddings as a flower girl. i crimp my hair for both.

age nine: i decide i am a hippie. i wear bell bottoms and write peace + love = harmony on everything.

age ten: we move to lake charles, louisiana, at the end of my fifth grade year. i have serious disdain for my private school and their lack of imaginative thinking. i get detention for saying "crap".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home