Friday, November 08, 2002

It is far, far past my bedtime, but it feels wonderful. The sleepy feeling at the back of my eyes that I know will get to me soon and make me break down and go to bed, but for now I feel like I'm stealing away a little piece of the day, just like in summer, only now it's because I had a Chemistry lab due instead of a desire to feel alive whilst it was still dark.

Song of the Moment: "Closing Time" by Semisonic. I remember this song from back in the day, when I thought Blink 182's videos comic genius, Tamora Pierce the greatest writer to ever live, and my poetry deep and meaningful. As for now, I tend to detest anything played on MTV, read Uncle Walt and Sabrina Ward Harrison more than anything else, and understand that "The Stevie Years" were a necessary step to becomming a better writer, yet the song still holds it's ground. I suppose that's a good sign, for it. And for me, come to think of it. I'll be listening to this in another 4 years and will be humming along to the generic-90s-yet-oh-so-lovely guitar chords and clickity clacking on my keyboard writing about how I thought punkrock was the way to be and how I think of shoes as badges of pride. Or maybe not. Maybe I'll be typing about how little I've changed-which proves it all the more. =)

Sight of the moment: My walls, oh lovely walls. The Beatles, Tolkien, and Matisse hang around and above my bookshelf like stars above a mountian, protecting and guarding it from any harm.

Smell of the moment: Shower. gah, I still have to shower.

Sound of the moment: my regular, steady breathing as I sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home